Here we are, 2019! Still with the excitement from the holidays and with all the energy that a new year can bring. You might just-got-engaged over the holidays or maybe you are already into the final countdown for the wedding, well one thing is for sure… You wouldn’t make it to the big day without your BRIDESMAIDS! So why not go ahead and show your appreciation with a little something that will not only be useful, but they will also treasure it as part of a chapter you shared together. If you are having a destination wedding and more precisely in Rivera Maya well… you are on the right site! The next inspiration gift list I’m giving you, is all from local brands.
- One of the newest designs from La paso bien, the Monstera wedding beach bag makes the perfect gift for your bridesmaids and why not? Fill it up with some other goodies from the list, plus each bag comes with a personalized wooden letter or tag! How cool is that? Price: 21 USD.
- These colorful bathing suits are from A las Olas and are intended specially for bridals being 100% customizable from color to phrases. Bonus points: they come with pads and lining. Price: approx. 39 USD.
- A beach item that not everyone reminds to pack! Siestas for fiestas has the most amazing beach blankets, here showing the Chac Mool. The blanket is made with a lightweight material to perfectly fit into your beach bag AND each blanket purchase provides a Christmas meal to a family in need. How awesome they are? Price: 45 USD.
- Beach essential alert… sun protection! Pócima cosmetics got you and your bridesmaids covered with their Ninfa de mar sunscreen or tanning oil made with 100% natural ingredients, so you can responsibly enjoy the sun. Price: approx. 20 USD each
- Want to go extra? Why not embroidering a design of your own? Or give each lady their own face embroidered in a T-shirt from Deliquio. You could also embroider all your names and seal it with the wedding date, infinite ideas and a personal touch that your ladies will appreciate. Price: varies depending on the design but ranges between 18 and 24 USD.
- Why not reminding the sweetness of your friendship with this cute little bottle of honey from Artesana miel. Besides their honey bees, they use a flower called dzdzilche which gives a fermented touch making it less sweet and due to its nature its flavor changes according to the season. Price: 325 ml approx. 6 USD and 50 ml approx. 3 USD.
- Diamonds last forever, just like friendship. This beautiful 14K gold pendant is from Maria Santana joyería, customizable with your bridesmaids’ initial and with or without a diamond. Price: approx. 130 USD with diamond and approx. 78 USD without.
- What's more satisfying than a cold beer on a sunny day at the beach with a local flavor? Pescadores brews different kinds of beer to choose from that will give a little taste of Mexico to your bridesmaids. Güera, Pale Ale Mexicana and Amber Ale approx. 2 USD each.
- Here’s another option to fill up with goodies or a good complement for the beach bag, as you can see its from the monstera series of the new collection by La paso bien, the Monstera Toiletry bag. As same as the bag, it comes with a personalized wooden initial and tassel charm plus in addition, it comes with water repellent lining! Price: 18 USD.
- Last but not least, pamper your girls with Oleva Cosmetica’s Watermelon handmade soap made with 100% natural ingredients for body and face use. This particular one comes with seeds to exfoliate your skin in a natural and delicate way. Price approx. 3 USD
** All the products have been selected from local brands in Rivera Maya and surroundings. I chose my personal favorites, but options and variations can be found on their websites or online shops. Currency is in USD but please note some I converted from Mexican pesos so it might vary. For further details please contact directly each brand. **
Norma Salas owns and writes “My big city life” a blog about lifestyle, traveling and living abroad. She’s from Mexico and has lived in Madrid, NYC, Paris, Cancun and currently living in Amsterdam.